1. Plan and conduct daily experiences for the children based on St. James School District objectives and goals. Prepares all materials required to conduct and carry out planned program. Prepare daily and long range lesson plans enriching the curriculum with outside resource materials.
2. Promote and supervise activities which enhance the emotional, social, intellectual, physical and spiritual development of each child.
3. Supervise all activities including snack time and outdoor play to insure safety of each child at all times. Report all major accidents to the Director. Record all minor accidents in the classroom safety log.
4. Provide and maintain a neat organized classroom; assist in the set-up and take-down of the classroom; take responsibility for upkeep of educational equipment and materials. Assure equipment is accessible and appropriate, and in good condition. Provide visual displays for classroom.
5. Maintain records of progress of each child’s growth and development. Discuss progress with child’s parents. Participate in one (1) scheduled conference with parents, or more as needed. Keep all information about children and parents confidential.
6. Attend and participate in staff meetings and staff in-service as scheduled. Participate in year-end evaluation of program. Provide Director with suggested budgetary items as needed.
7. Follow personnel policies of St. James School District as established by the Board of
St. James School District. Familiar with and follows all school policies, fire plans and first aid procedures.
8. Assist with special projects as needed.